Cmd/Opt Double Clicking on Aperture library file does not open Restore Library dialog

Started Dec 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bobolink
Forum MemberPosts: 55Gear list
Like?
Re: Cmd/Opt Double Clicking on Aperture library file does not open Restore Library dialog
In reply to Mouser, Dec 11, 2012

Mouser wrote:

Very strange... are you sure you're pressing (and HOLDING) the correct keys?

Thanks!  I was not holding the keys down long enough.  Yes, I feel a little silly right now, but in my defense, I would have written these directions a little more clearly.

Here's the original from the PDF manual:

To repair or rebuild your Aperture library

1) Close Aperture, if it’s open.

2) Locate the Aperture library you want to fix, then hold down the Command and Option keys while double-clicking the Aperture library. The Aperture Library First Aid dialog appears.

I would have written something more like this:

2) Locate the Aperture library you want to fix, hold down the Command and Option keys, double-click the Aperture library and continue holding down the Command and Option keys until the Aperture Library First Aid dialog appears.

Moving on, I just tried "Repair Database."  Unsuccessful.  So now I probably have try "Rebuild Database."  Not a surprise (this is what I had to do last time - see original post) but disappointing; I recall it being a long tedious process.

Thanks again!

-Bob

Bobolink's gear list:Bobolink's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow