A-mount mirrorless dropped from Sony's roadmap!

Started Dec 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Smartypants
Forum MemberPosts: 58Gear list
Like?
A-mount mirrorless dropped from Sony's roadmap!
Dec 11, 2012

The website/blog that specializes in rumor and speculation this morning has dropped a new bombshell by rumoring that Sony has dropped the much hoped-for A-mount mirrorless from its roadmap.

This is the second big disappointment lobed at Sony A-mount fans this week and its only Tuesday.

As some may recall, Friday the rumor-mill at SAR had concluded Friday that although the Sony roadmap had been changed by management

Monday, (yesterday) much of Friday’s rumor was clarified by saying that Sony will release two APC-S cameras and nothing full-frame in 2013 but according to SAR: “…there is reason to hope for some very nice surprise! Also Canon and Nikon guys may love what’s coming”.

Today, the story is as follows: “By the way…also the A-mount mirrorless prototype got off the roadmap…”

This is a huge disappointment for me personally as the only reason I was holding onto my A-mount investment was because of Sony’s big advantage in mirrorless and the rumor of an A-mount full-frame being announced in 2013.

So, here we go again!

Speculation is now again raging whether Sony is going to continue to support the A-mount with new full-frame cameras or is Sony going to do what so many have believed and let the A-mount die and if so, what does this mean for the E-mount and further full-frame cameras from Sony.

Smartypants's gear list:Smartypants's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D4s Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +10 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow