Vast is Castile (hesitating)

Started Dec 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shiverio
Forum MemberPosts: 76
Like?
Re: Vast is Castile (hesitating)
In reply to brianj, Dec 11, 2012

brianj wrote:

They are a really nice set of images, but I am somewhat surprised by your findings regarding the EX1 gem. Do you think it is because it is more difficult to get good images from the NX1000 maybe due to DOF issues or something more tricky, that maybe it takes more practice or is more trouble to get excellent images. Have you resolved what it is about the EX1 that makes you so satisfied with it.

I would add that I am also amazed by my EX1, but I have no direct comparison as that is all I use.

Brian

I don't know if it would be harder to get this kind pf images from the NX1000, but this travel just reminded me of how easy it is to get good results from the EX1. My main reason to move to a system camera was DOF control, the extra pixels available (I do a lot of cropping on PP) and the availability of a broader range of lenses. On the other hand, the EX1 is always ready (no lens changing), the flash is always available and it doesn't require any extra expending.

However it is clear that the NX1000 offers different (though not necessarily better) options to explore regardng photography, so probably I will end up with both

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow