Wait for E7 or just get a Nikon D5200 or Pentax K5 II or K30

Started Dec 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
SergeyGreen
Contributing MemberPosts: 582
Like?
If it is not for Olympus
In reply to sderdiarian, Dec 11, 2012

sderdiarian wrote:

Hadn't even thought to consider Sigma lenses, being so used to Olympus 4/3's where Sigma doesn't bother to make many lenses (or they're out of production now) given the small market share and Tamron/Tokina don't even bother. I'd honestly forgotten what it must be like to use a system where others make lenses that are compatible!

For Pentax and Nikon especially I would would put these 3rd party lenses on top,
Sigma (FF)-----35/1.4 - new model50/1.4 - if you like to shoot wide open (f/1.4) especially70/2.8 macro - older model, but very good105/2.8 macro - older, slower focusing model, not bad 150/2.8 macro - simply outstanding (if not phoenomenal) optic. Fast and sharp.180/2.8 macro
17-50/2.8 was also mentioned by several Olympus users, and was prefered over 14-54. It is for cropped formats however.
Tamron (FF)------Did not use this much, but sp90 macro lenses is known to be quite good. I used it on Olympus camera only.
Tokina (Dx)------
11-16/2.812-24/4
Both are very good optically, and well built. I still have Tokina 12-24/4, and even on FF (past 17mm) it is outstanding. I think I will be replacing it with FF Tokina 16-28/2.8 soon.

Pentax deserves a lot of credit for making what I believe are the best bodies in their classes (K-30 and K-5 II) and also offering some fine lenses given the small size of their operation compared to Canon/Nikon/Sony. I'll look into Sigma more based on your tip, and happy hiking/shooting!

Limited, was it 77 deserves some praise.

-- hide signature --

-sergey

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow