picture IQ........RX100 VS RX1

Started Dec 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
asterox101
Regular MemberPosts: 196
Like?
Re: Real life test.
In reply to Moti, Dec 11, 2012

It's an interesting thought too - justify the investment. I read a comment of yours in another thread where you called the RX1 a "jewel". I agree with that sentiment in the sense that there are things one simply desires whether they make practical sense or not. The RX1 does seem to fit into that category (at least to me).

To justify an investment though. What do you mean by that? How does one even do that for a camera at all unless one is a professional and can tie a hard dollar and cent value to it?

It's an interesting question.

I found this photo on flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90547751@N08/8257899923/sizes/o/in/pool-2073687@N20/

What struck me is that it's a nice capture. Low light. Angle of view gives context, particularly with the figure in the foreground - bit of a story there possibly. Neither person seems to notice the camera.

So there is the potential there for these requirements:

1. moderate wide angle

2. good low light capability

3. discreet

This would potentially cover a lot of mirrorless cameras including the RX1 but it might preclude a traditional DSLR with big lenses. Is this the sort of thing you mean by an image justifying a purchase or investment?

I mean these questions sincerely by the way. I'm not trying to pick an argument. I'm just interested in different opinions on these sorts of topics.

Thanks.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow