XZ-1 question re getting accurary of "reds"

Started Dec 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
AndreasBraun
Regular MemberPosts: 106Gear list
Like?
Re: Are those your settings in all conditions? Indoor only, outdoor too?
In reply to BMWBig6, Dec 11, 2012

BMWBig6 wrote:

AndreasBraun wrote:

roberthd12 wrote:

I mostly like my XZ-1 and have many Oly cameras. However, I am having trouble getting true "reds" out of my XZ-1. What are the forum members favorite setting of "A" and "G" adjustments?

I am at A -2 and G +1 right now, but the reds are still too warm. Thx for any suggestions. My web searches of XZ-1 best settings often suggest Raw, but I shoot JPEG (occasionally PP with Nik or Corel Pro). Certainly I have no trouble with E-PL1 or E-P2 reds.

Thx.

-- hide signature --

Roberthd12

I'm using A=-3 and G=+/-0 with very good results. Having experimented quite a lot after getting the cam in Feb 2011 I've eventually arrived at those settings and never since changed them.

Andreas

-- hide signature --

Ben

My tests for finding the best setting - with "auto" white balance - have been made outdoors. The targets were typical sceneries with all kind of colours, contrasts and details. BTW: these tests also displayed nothing what could be called "smeering".

For indoor shots the same settings are used and the colours always are very pleasing with no "red"-problems.

Andreas

AndreasBraun's gear list:AndreasBraun's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow