Best Starter Camera / Kit For a Complete Beginner

Started Dec 9, 2012 | Questions thread
Bjorn_L
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,068Gear list
Like?
Re: Best Starter Camera / Kit For a Complete Beginner
In reply to Pmc46, Dec 11, 2012

Pmc46 wrote:

I have been looking into getting a Dslr but unfortunately as am unexperienced and completely new

to the world of photography i would like some help and advise as to the best camera for me.

Requirements:

1.Good family camera: I have a son who has a life shortening disorder and want something that will

take great quality photos.

I would like something i can master well over 1-2 years and then upgrade but keep any lens i might purchase.

I have been advised of a few.

1. Canon EOS range

2. Nikon D5100

Max Budget £550-600

Any help would be much appreciated

Kind Regards

My condolenses on your son's conditions.  It must be very stressful.  I am a father to 3 young boys, one of which has put himself in the hospital 3 times now.  (fell off a 2m / 7 foot tall fence on to rocks, run over on a bicycle, playground accident (collided with a friend).  Even that trivial stuff by comparison was hard.

I suggest the Nikon d5100.  It has a better sensor and this will help deliver a higher level of quality.

Buy used to save a little.

Buy a 35mm f1.8g for higher quality and low light shots.

Buy a tripod and a remote trigger (so you can be in the shots).

-- hide signature --

See my plan (in my profile) for what I shoot with. See my gallery for images I find amusing.

Bjorn_L's gear list:Bjorn_L's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX30 IS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow