Very disappointed with Canon T4i (650D) - over-exposed/washed out pictures

Started Dec 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Omni88
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Re: Pictures in Pictures Sample thread
In reply to karl mohr, Dec 11, 2012

karl mohr wrote:

Actually those pics are about what I would expect with my T4i in bright sunlight and the EC set to 0. And actually not bad pictures really. I looked at the histogram - there are a few blown highlights on some of them, but not that far out of line.

If I were you I would be shooting in Av mode and setting the EC to -1/3, -1/2, -2/3, etc., especially during the harsh sunlight hours. I would read up on AEB (auto exposure bracketing) and use that as well, especially when you've gone to a great deal of trouble to get somewhere for a cool vacation. Using AEB is kinda like having insurance that you will get a decently exposed shot. Of course you have 3 times as many shots to go thru when you get home.

Where were these shots taken? Those Mayan ruins aren't Tulum are they?

Thank you for the excellent advice.  I will definitely do some trials with EC and AEB over the course of the winter before my next trip.  And yes... the small ruins are Tulum.  The large ruins (last 2 pictures) are the Coba ruins.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow