Did the SEL35F18 get delayed?

Started Dec 10, 2012 | Questions thread
msykes
Junior MemberPosts: 38
Like?
Re: Did the SEL35F18 get delayed?
In reply to monsterfotos, Dec 11, 2012

monsterfotos wrote:

I am aware that Canada is in NA but not all of the countries receive the products at the same time for Sony. So yes, Canada got it before the US and no, it was not delayed for the US. The Sony store US (store.sony.com) just recently updated their page TODAY on the SEL35F18 to reflect "In-stock. Add to Cart" with shipping being the next day (in this case 12/11/2012) FROM "Preorder" with a ship date of 12/23/2012.

I've been thinking about ordering this little fella myself and have constantly been checking their site and I noticed that change today. For those who have already preordered in the US, things might now start moving and we might start hearing updates from others here soon.

Today I called the local Sony store (San Diego) and they stated "towards the end of the year".  I too had been constantly refreshing Sony.com amongst other sites, so when I saw "In Stock" this evening I immediately placed an order.

When the NEX-5R was released, by my recollection it was available first in Canada, followed a few days later by Sony.com, followed a few days later by sites like BHPhoto.  This lens seems to be following the same pattern.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow