Started Dec 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
asterox101
Regular MemberPosts: 197
Like?
Re: If you have to ask..
In reply to harry cannoli, Dec 11, 2012

harry cannoli wrote:

mordicai wrote:

Will someone please post some pictures that show the RX1 blowing away the RX100 in IQ, so I can sell my RX100 and spend $3,000 on a RX1 that I don't need. PLEASE!!! I keep thinking that my little R100 takes great pictures and that I don't need the RX1......but I want it!

If you have to ask, you're not ready. When you understand what a FF sensor and a fast prime lens does, then you'll have the information required to make a sensible decision.

ice nine photography

"Take only pictures, leave only footprints"

ah come on harry!

his images look like he knows what he's doing. he's struggling with the same thing a lot of us are: trying to rationalize "want" with "need".

to the OP: looks like you do great things with your RX100. it's a win win situation for you.

1. buy RX1 and enjoy the new shiny. judging by your gallery i'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with the dynamic range, color depth and overall image quality.

or

2. keep working with your RX100 and feel wise when the inevitable next new shiny comes along in a few months.

no downside unless the cash and/or change in workstyle caused by FF is a big problem.

enjoy!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow