Peteo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,603Gear list
Like?
Re: First Portrait Shots
In reply to Jim Beverlin, Dec 11, 2012

Jim Beverlin wrote:

Peteo wrote:

Jim Beverlin wrote:

Scott - I like the images of your very pretty daughters. Moving to a location minus the trees might be an idea to try for the first 3 images but in the 4th image the trees seem to fit right in. You have the shots well exposed with fill flash.

In particular I noticed what appears to be the complete absence of snow. We got a couple of inches early Saturday AM but a good bit melted during the day and made the back roads incredibly muddy (my truck is completely covered with mud). Sunday AM it snowed again and the temps stayed below 30F so it is still around.

-- hide signature --

JRB

Jim,

Thanks for the nice comments and great information. I agree and next time we'll find another location further down the fence line.

The absence of snow is no longer. We received a good 4 inches in Escanaba last night and their is more as you head north. It's about time as nothing is worse than a winter in the UP without snow. My wife and I love to hike on our snowshoes in the winter which usually makes for some pretty good photo opportunities. Besides, Christmas is just better with snow don't you think?

Peteo

Absolutely. Last Chriistmas we had no snow for the second time since I moved to MI in 1987. Totally agree about snow in the UP for winter. A friend of mine in Grand Rapids always snowmobiles in the UP but did not last year do the the lack of it. That has to devasting to small towns like Grand Marais. We need more snow in the northern LP for the resorts but a lack of snow, while it hurts, is not as bad economically as the UP lacking snow cover. We are holding on to what we have. Very slick driving this AM and again I am glad I put winter tires on my truck.

Again, I really like the 4th image. The trees seem to help in the background.

-- hide signature --

JRB

Jim,

Glad to see you put good snow tires on your truck.  I'm the GM of three collision shops iin the UP and I can tell you the number one reason for accidents in the winter is a lack of good tread on tires.  I'm amazed how many people will drive on NASCAR style slick tires instead of spending a 300 to 400 bucks for decent rubber.  Then again I shouldn't complaing, it makes for good job security!

You plan on heading up at all this winter?  I'm hoping to get to Tahquamenon Falls for some winter shots.  Alway a great spot with the falls and the brewery on site.  

Scott

Peteo's gear list:Peteo's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-5 II Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow