What's your two favorite lenses in your camera bag and why?

Started Dec 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peteo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,586Gear list
Like?
What's your two favorite lenses in your camera bag and why?
Dec 11, 2012

If you could only have two lenses in your camera bag which two would it be and why?  Also list what camera you're shooting with primarily.

It's always good to see who prefers what lenses and why as I feel we learn from others.   With all the options out there I think it'll be fun to see the results.  Feel free to post pictures if you want.

I'm shooting with a K5 and mine are:

18 - 135mm WR for its versatility as a good walk around lens and weather sealing.  My wife and I love to back pack and snowshoe so I wanted a good lens to compliment the WR feature of my K5.  I know it's seen some bad reviews but I have to admit that I love it for what it does.

Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC for wide angle landscape shots.  This lens has opened up a whole new avenue of photography for me.  Love the clarity of the shots and the ability to get everything I want in the picture most of the time.  I though about a fisheye but felt I'd be limited by not being able to add ND filters to it.  I haven't been disappointed by this lens at all, especially for the price.

Pentax 18 - 135mm zoomed in on fall colors with ground fog.

Sigma 10 - 20mm getting the morning sun coming up at the Pine Mountain ski jump.

Peteo's gear list:Peteo's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-5 II Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED +8 more
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow