Started Dec 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,505
Like?
Re: On the ink densities...
In reply to NeroMetalliko, Dec 11, 2012

NeroMetalliko wrote:

Hello,

many thanks for the advices, I already watched all the videos, was useful to see it in action, I knew how it works, my main doubts if it is better than canned profiles or not and how much (I use OEM inks).

Yes custom paper profiles are always better than the canned ones as your particular printer was not the one used to make those canned profiles. So YES, they will always be better. How much better, I cannot really answer.

Another thing I don't know is if it is better than a colorimeter for the monitor calibration or not.

Not quite know what you are asking here but before you do anything with a colorimeter ( The CM is a colorimeter ) You need to begin with a properly calibrated monitor for color and set the correct luminance of your monitor for your ambient viewing condition which MUST always remain the same.

There is a utility to read densities in the software package that comes with Colormunki?

The color munki will read any patch or any color on any reflective surface. There is tool within the CM software to take and measure individual colors.

If yes then it will be useful to linearize the curves in Quadtone RIP (QTR) and get better results than Epson ABW mode.

WOAHHH Dude! Before you go jumping into Quad Tone Printing and RIPs you'd better get fully familiarized with what your stock R3000 can do with its stock inks.

With K3 inks you really DO NOT need to get into Quad tone Printing. Your three stock blacks do and ADMIRABLE job on their own with or without ABW. In fact I get gorgeously LINEARLY neutral B&Ws printing through the ICC profiles I've made with my MC. I don't think I've ever had to use ABW on my R2880 ( Same ink set as your R3000 )

Still learning...

Ciao

Learning is a never ending adventure!

Joe

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow