Started Dec 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bobby Handal
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,177Gear list
Like?
What I want in a Nikon 1 V Pro
Dec 10, 2012

I believe that Nikon has not exploited the Nikon 1 line, specially for serious enthusiasts .

I like the ergonomics of the Nikon 1 V2, but loved the solid feel of the V1. But I would like more physical controls, after all, this is what I call the Nikon 1V Pro.

1- I would like plenty of Fn buttons.

2- Autobracketing of : exposure, focus, white balance mode, art modes.

3- A variable HDR mode, where the user specifies 3,5,9 exposures and if you over expose or under expose in that mode, the exposure starts counting from the exposure level you dialed in.

4- Continuous af with FT1 , focus control groups.

5- Focus mode : instead of face recognition, I want an eye identification mode, regardless if person, animal, insect, etc. for shooting wildlife this would be a plus.

6- A AUTO ISO mode like the D800, where it takes into account the minimum shutter speed you want, or for it to decide based on the lens in use.

7- a Focus trap mode, it trips the shutter if the subject enters the prefocused zone. I used to be able to do this on the D200 and D300 .

8- a further implementation of BSS selector, where you shoot say a 15 fotos per sec and the camera picks the photo with less blur. Like the old Nikon Coolpix used to do. But go a step further, say, shoot 15 photo burst and the camera saves the ones in focus only (obviously it recognizes the eyes in the photo).

9- forget about the shoe of the 1 series, dont make sony's mistake, put a normal hot shoe, make it ITTL and make the camera wireless ITTL compatible. But if you still insist on keeping the 1 series shoe, ok fine, but charge me extra for a regular ITTL shoe adapter.

okay, I accept this, but with ITTL connections.

10- built in GPS and WIFI , perhaps even android.

11- make it a swivel screen- Throw in a touch screen.

Can I dream... sure I can..

-- hide signature --

www.photoexpedition.net
www.fotoclubhonduras.com
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/bobhandal/BANNERXPEDITION1.jpg

Bobby Handal's gear list:Bobby Handal's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +47 more
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS1 (Lumix DMC-FT1)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow