Started Dec 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
snapster
Forum MemberPosts: 50
Like?
Re: Upgraded GH1 to GH3
In reply to bowportes, Dec 10, 2012

bowportes wrote:

Ulfric M Douglas wrote:

OK ... what I see is perhaps the first m4/3rds model that can hit small targets with autofocus through tangles of branches.

(Perhaps the G3, G5 or GX1 had the crosshair point too? Workable?)

Using my Olympus Pens I just take a few pictures and hope that one randomly focuses on the furthest target.

The GX1 and G5 have the crosshair focus as well. The G5 can selectively focus upon minute objects through tangles of other objects.

I am old-school enough though that I use the cross-hairs to first autofocus with the AE/AF lock button. I then quickly use manual focus assist to be double-sure that I'm focusing upon the target. It works nicely on the newer G series cameras.

Good to know.

I don't know how the GX1 or G5 work but the GH3 has a zoom assist with the pin point AF, similar to MF assist. This allows me to confirm the focus is as it should be. My eyes aren't what they used to be so I prefer to let the camera do the work. It invariably does a better focusing job.  Even on macro shots of flowers where I have all the time in the world to set up the shot.

-- hide signature --

Paul

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow