ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tony Bonanno
Contributing MemberPosts: 713Gear list
Like?
Just Received Gariz half case for my X-E1 - Nice
Dec 10, 2012

Hi group,

Noticed a few posts recently inquiring about the Gariz case for the X-1E.  I just received one for my X-1E today and I'm glad to report that it is equal in every respect to the one I have on the X-Pro1.  Perfect fit, beautifully finished leather, and nicely finished protective metal bottom with full access to battery and SD card.  Tripod mount is well located, although not quite centered with lens plane (but closer than factory tripod mount).  I never use full cases (street work) and the half case solution gives a nice balance between some extra protection and quick access.  The Gariz case does not give the amount of body coverage as some of the other half cases, but seems to do a good job overall (I've used one on the X-Pro1 for some time).  An unexpected benefit; the extra padding in the grip area and the additional depth provided by the metal bottom makes the X-E1 a bit more comfortable in my hands, especially when gripping to shoot.  Only downside is the Gariz is a pricey for a half case.  (I have no association with Gariz).

-- hide signature --

Tony Bonanno Photography, Santa Fe, New Mexico
ASMP General member
www.bonannophoto.com

Tony Bonanno's gear list:Tony Bonanno's gear list
Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-E2
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow