Raising the Sony Flash overheating issue again

Started Dec 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Contributing MemberPosts: 632
Re: Raising the Sony Flash overheating issue again
In reply to Rexel99, Dec 10, 2012

In the old days the flash capacitors have to be "formed", especially when they are new or after lengthy storage. I don't know whether this is still true these days but worth a try?

You would first let the flash be turned on and ideal for 15 minutes then fire off 5 or 6 succession of FULL power flashes as soon as the ready light comes on. The idea is the capacitors would charge faster after that and to their full potential thus more efficient. I figure more efficient=less heat.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow