RX1 Battery Life?

Started Dec 10, 2012 | Questions thread
futile32
Senior MemberPosts: 1,618Gear list
Like?
Re: RX1 Battery Life?
In reply to sroute, Dec 10, 2012

Thanks so much for the detailed information. I had a basic understanding of Mah and Watt Hours, but your insight into the temperatures vs voltage was really interesting.

I guess deep down, I knew it was a weather related issue, I do luckily own an RX100 and a Sony Action Cam, which both use teh same Battery. (Yes I was using the official sony ones), but I also have 2 proto branded ones.

I think the Metal Body really doesn't help in the cold. At one point my hand skin froze to the metal.

I remember hearing about GoPro's I think heating the battery compartment with a little charge from the battery in order to counter the affects of the decharge in cold temperatures. Dunno if thats true, but wish more cameras would do that.

I'm hoping I'll get at least 200 shots out of the RX1 when in normal temps (I'm still waiting on my EVF too, so guess that will be a drain).

As a side note, the battery is definitely not faulty, it lasts very long on my RX100. I think for now, I just need to carry numerous batteries with me when I can.

Thanks again for the valuable info.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow