Is there to much system with different sensors size ?

Started Dec 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
justin23
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,235Gear list
Like?
Re: Is there to much system with different sensors size ?
In reply to leopold, Dec 10, 2012

Maybe, but I think there is too much focus put on the size of the sensor by people, as well as those who chase the perfect camera based on specs and pixelpeeping.  Those of us who lived and used cameras from the film era were probably spoilt in the fact that just about everything used 35mm film. sure their were options, but for the general consumer 35mm was it.

Now our brain tells us we have to have the same size sensor for a camera to be perfect.  Its not logic, but desire IMO.  That said I think many younger people are embracing photography much more.  OK maybe a lot of snapshots on their iPhones, but still through instagram some are embracing the artistic side of photography.

One could also say the introduction of smaller cameras with interchangeable lenses gets people in the door.  if they really like photography, they will probably upgrade to a APS-C or FF camera.

It would be great to simplify things but at the same time, I'm appreciative of having so much choice in cameras these days.  There are many other hobbies with less choice and options!

-- hide signature --

Justin
--------------------------------------------------------
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/justinwatson

justin23's gear list:justin23's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow