Started Dec 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CG_Photography
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
canon 600mm is II or nikon 600mm vr + new D800
Dec 10, 2012

I have not posted much, but I have been a long timer reader of this column.  I shoot mostly wildlife and have had good results with my 5d mk ii; my father shoots nikon so I have some experience with that system as well.  I have been waiting/saving for a couple of years for the canon 600mm IS II, but the price of that lens plus the appearance of the d800 have made me consider the question... for about the same money I could have a new d800 and the nikon 600mm instead of just the lens on the canon side.  I know the 5d mark III vs D800 issue has been debated to death and everyone has their opinion; for what I do I think the D800 has the edge but perhaps not overwhelmingly so.  I have rented all the canon superteles and am obviously very impressed, but would love the opinions of anyone who has shot the superteles in both brands.  Is there an image quality difference?  I have studied all the specs and am aware of the lens weight difference and the difference in camera specs.  If i go the canon route, I will probably stick with the mark II body.   I will check in Nikon forums as well.

Thanks to allĀ 

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow