change in microcontrast on E-M5 or E-PL5 ?

Started Dec 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fdi_bcn
Regular MemberPosts: 119Gear list
Like?
change in microcontrast on E-M5 or E-PL5 ?
Dec 10, 2012

Hi all, I've been watching photographs out of the E-M5 since it came out and I'm missing the characteristic great microcontrast of the 25/1.4. The 20/1.7 and other lenses too but the 25/1.4 is good to observe this since it has a very obvious "pop"

What I see is that the 14/2.5 looks much more detailed on the E-M5 but the other lenses, while looking fine are lacking their characteristic microcontrast when shoot at their sweet spot for it. I wasn't looking for this "issue" but it became notable with time. I was hoping only improvements but I think I can see a notable different response in terms of microcontrast rendering.

So, anyone with the 25/1.4 and maybe the 20/1.7, 12/2 or 17/2.8, that used those lenses on an older sensor camera (Pens, GFs, etc. using the "pre OM-D" sensor) and owning now the E-M5 can comment?

P.S.:

Please let me ask to keep away of the usual discussion about what is 3D pop, microcontrast, etc.

This is a thread for people actually seing and enjoying microcontrast and missing it on the new camera or finding it has it all the same

-- hide signature --

Fernando

fdi_bcn's gear list:fdi_bcn's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1
Olympus PEN E-PL5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow