Birds in Panama & Costa Rica, & the Canal (55-210 & DH1758)

Started Dec 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 21,891Gear list
Like?
Just got back from another trip...
In reply to DadMars, Dec 10, 2012

DadMars wrote:

Great shots! I've enjoyed them so much that I just got a DH1758 to add range to my 55-210. I haven't gotten to shoot with it yet -- not a very good combo for night shots Hand holding, it seems to balance well when I support the lens; but I am concerned about the weight when using a tripod. What's your experience? Thanks.

Sorry for the delayed reply - I've been out of town on a Christmas trip from Thursday to today, so I have been away from the boards for a bit.

As for tripod use with the teleextender, I'm personally not too worried about it for occasional use, but I don't think I'd want to hang it out on the end of the lens, fully extended to 210mm, and left on a tripod unsupported for hours at a time.  It may not cause any damage, as it's not overly heavy, but that just seems to be pushing the lens' retractable elements fairly hard, so I don't think I'd do it extensively.  This has always been, for me, a handheld combo.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow