Very disappointed with Canon T4i (650D) - over-exposed/washed out pictures

Started Dec 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
BAK
BAK
Forum ProPosts: 19,192
Like?
It's probably your lack of knowledge about photography
In reply to Omni88, Dec 10, 2012

I thought this was an old thread because it sounded so familiar.

Beginners get fancy cameras all tyhe time, and unfortunately trust the TV commercials thatmake everything look so easy.

I'm betting the problem with the wased out colors is, more often than not, caused by failure to user the proper light meter mode (evaluative, partial, center weighted,spot); the failure to point the camera at the right place; and the failure to use exposure compensation as judged necessary by using your brain full of the experience I suspect you do not have.

For instance, shooting down on a dark jungle filling much of the viewfinder requires you to stop down the lens aperture, because the meter is going to read the dark scene and automatically try to brighten it for you.

It's the reverse of the need to open up the lens (make the aperture bigger) when there is lots of white sand or snow in the photo.

The bad news is obvious -- your photos are not good.

But the GOOD NEWS is that reading a good book about photography theory will solve your problem with no need for camera repairs.

AM I RIGHT? Can you show us some samples?

BAK

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow