Started Dec 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
D700man
Regular MemberPosts: 246
Like?
35/1.4G or 28/1.8G
Dec 10, 2012

I recently made a craigslist trade with a local photographer for my Franchi O/U 12ga shotgun for his 85/1.4G. After using this "N" lens, I'm a believer, absolutely stunning results thus far. My other "N" lens is my 24-70/2.8G and it also is a remarkable lens. So now i have the itch for other "N" lens. I'm wanting to go a little wider but at a focal length that's usable for me. 24/1.4G I really don't know if I'd use that all that much for my needs.

I do 100% portraits, life style type photographer including weddings. One lens that I think gets a nice artsy look that I really like on my D700 is the cheapo depot 35/1.8DX. Not sure if its the focal length or what but wide open it has a really desired look and feel. So this makes me want to look into the 35/1.4G version. Quite a bit more expensive but if it has the same wow factor as going from my old 85/1.8D to the 1.4G version then I'm all for it.

28/1.8G I don't know much about other than what I've read and it may be a cheaper alternative that yields the same results. What is you guys/gals take?

-- hide signature --

www.brentpearcy.com

Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow