Started Dec 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Omni88
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Very disappointed with Canon T4i (650D) - over-exposed/washed out pictures
Dec 10, 2012

I purchased a T4i a couple of months ago.  I recently went to Mexico for a couple of weeks and took the new camera and shot around 1000 pictures in various modes (automatic, landscape, night, some portraits shots, etc. etc.)

Almost everyone of those 1000 pictures are washed out and/or over-exposed.  Anything that has white or shades of light greys are crushed into a bright white.  Outdoor shots of what should be beautiful dark green palm trees and green grass are washed out or over-exposed.   I shot pictures of the jungle from on top of one of the Mayan ruins, and I distinctly remember how lush green the jungle looked from on top those ruins.  When I came back and had a look at these photos, the jungle look from atop those ruins looks like a pale lime greenish-yellow... and looks completely washed out.

When I got back home and viewed all these disappointing pictures, I was obviously upset.  About 90% of the pictures look like I shot them with a $5.00 camera from Kmart.   I checked all the settings of the camera assuming I changed an exposure setting, but all settings were fine.

I am wondering if I have a problem camera?

Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i) Pentax K-m (K2000)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow