Minimalist bag for OM-D

Started Dec 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
bgalb
Senior MemberPosts: 1,280Gear list
Like?
Re: Minimalist bag for OM-D
In reply to Steven Schwartz, Dec 10, 2012

Steven Schwartz wrote:

Lots of threads for bags for OM-D kits with 12 lenses, flash, laptop, tablet etc. I'm looking for a bag that will hold securely and inconspicuously the camera with 12, 20 and 45 1.8. I've got a Think Tank Retrospective 5 and a the small Domke messenger, but both are bigger than they need to be for this minimalist set-up. Ideally it would have interior dimensions of about 3 1/2 by 5 1/2 by 7 inches with one interior divider to separate the camera body with one lens attached from the two other lenses in their own neoprene pouches. Any help will be appreciated.

-- hide signature --

Steven Schwartz

I love my Kata DC433.  It has interior dimensions of 6 x 3.9 x 5.11.  It can be arranged with 2 or 3 compartments.  I have used it in 3 compartment config. with E-M5 and attached 14-12 kit lens in center, Oly 9-18 and Panny 25 in the other two compartments.  I now use it in 2 compartment config with E-M5 and attached panny 12-35 in one and the panny 45-150 in the other.  Two zipper pockets on the ends hold a spare battery and a circular polarizing filter.  You could use it with the 45 on the camera and the other two lenses stacked in the second compartment, or they might fit separately in the 3 compartment config.  That way you would not need the neoprene cases.

The bag is really much smaller that it seems in the online photos and is extremely well built (and inexpensive).

bgalb's gear list:bgalb's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow