NEX 5R on Best Buy sale purchase problem ...

Started Dec 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
epaludo
Regular MemberPosts: 105
Like?
NEX 5R on Best Buy sale purchase problem ...
Dec 10, 2012

I bought a NEX-5R and SEL55210 bundle at a excellent sale price at Best Buy on nov 27th. The camera was then backordered (I was told by an email Best Buy sent me). Today I received another email saying it still in backorder and if they don't receive the camera by dec 15th it will be automatically cancelled. I just call them to see what I can do about it and they pretty much won't honor de deal I have.. If I decide to get the 5R with the kit lens (which they have in stock) I'll have to pay 350USD more then what I paid, ridiculous. They have an option to postpone the backorder waiting period, but oddly enough not in my case.. they said the system won't aloud to.

So now I'll have to wait until dec 15th with my fingers crossed for the camera to arrive, or else I'll have the camera order cancelled, the SEL55210 in hands and more two lenses I bought from BHPhotoVideo for paper weight (SEL35F18 in pre order and Sigma 19mm 2.8 in hands).

Any tips on how to proceed here? Anything I can claim to Best Buy so they will either postpone the backorder waiting period or honor the price and let me upgrade for a reasonable/fair price?

NEX5R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow