Crescent Photos - Points to consider

Started Dec 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
tksi bxa
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Re: Use the camera feedback
In reply to ARShutterbug, Dec 10, 2012

ARShutterbug

Thank you very much for your comments. The exif data is accurate. My reasoning at the time was that i wasn't getting enough brightness from the moon, so i increased the exposure time. Then the shots were turning out a bit blurry, so i pumped up the aperture ( i know i know im a beginner). Now i see the flaw in logic. It was blurry because of the exposure time and possible (slight) movement. Should've use a modest aperture and exposure time. And thanks for mentioning the diffraction limit. That's something i havent heard of until now, and now have read about it to understand. I refrained from cropping more because I felt that it would appear to be too soft when magnified. I'll see when I can try this again. I havent seen the moon during normal night time for a while and I took it 2 nights ago at 3am after getting sick of insomnia.

I do have one question for you. On the image that you posted ( the view that you had preferred to see), the exif shows the lens as "18-55mm IS reversed". What exactly is meant by that?

kgbruce01

Thanks for your comment too. Believe me, if i could get closer, I would. Let me try at this again.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow