NeroMetalliko
Regular MemberPosts: 223
Like?
Re: On the ink densities...
In reply to Petruska, Dec 10, 2012

Petruska wrote:

you do it in this window...

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50429128

It's normally trial and error. I find that most of the time you don't need to adjust it from the default of "0". Usually a 5% or 10% does wonders when needed.

Thus with your favorite paper and profiling with the ColorMunki you would print 3 sets of profile target prints at 0%, +5% and +10% Then generate the 3 profiles and print test prints, but remember that when you print the test prints, you need to make sure you use the settings that also include the 0%, +5%, and +10% adjustments.

You can save any printer settings in the print driver for future call up during printing so you don't need to manually make adjustments to settings each time you print with a different paper.

NOTE: If you ever save custom printer settings in the print dirver, also export them to another folder on your hard drive. For some reason R3000 custom settings just disappear from the printer driver for no known reason, having them in another folder allows quick import back into the printer driver than to try and remember how each was set up.

Bob P.

Thanks for all the advices, I will backup my settings!

So, if I'm not wrong, this is a global setting (not per ink channel) and if I print the calibration patch provided with QTR with Epson driver can I try a first adjustment "by eyes" if needed, correct?

And someone tried QTR with Colormunki Photo on R3000? Can Colormunki be used with QTR to linearize their curves too, at least for non OBA papers (I think that OBA's could fool the Colormunki out but not so sure)?

And finally back to the topic:

Today I will try again a flattened HM Photo Rag Pearl sheet to see if I'm able to workaround it, if I succeed I can consider to keep my printer, what do you think?

Thanks a lot!

Ciao

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow