This thread is locked.
Yves P.
Forum ProPosts: 18,623
Re: Questions to the OP ?
In reply to oklaphotog, Dec 9, 2012

oklaphotog wrote:

Yves P. wrote:

How exactly is this a GEM ... ?

What is it that you find exceptional enough to call it a GEM ?

-- hide signature --

Yves P. Photographe Share the Knowledge NPS Member PBASE Supporter Some pictures I like: http://www.pbase.com/yp8/

He doesn't think it is. Although it is processed with a style that is popular amongst the younger crowd and not older shooters such as myself and others. Even if we don't like the style, this is what many are wanting. They like the trashy overly HDR look because they think it is artistic.

He's just retaliating because armchair photographers with big ego's were jerks to him. They started a feud with him and won't give it up so he continues to fire back and will continue to do so until they put their egos away. I've ran/moderated forums and mailing lists since the 90's and have seen this a million times.

These days I think it's funny to watch people self destruct over their own troll creations. They start the fight and cry when they get hit back. Some have learned though. Some of Neil's biggest critics have let off the trigger, and if you've noticed it has improved.

The problem is there are people who will genuinely reply to him because they like the image. That's fine and dandy. Then there are the curious such as yourself who don't like the image but want to know why the OP thinks it's a good image and politely ask the question. Nothing wrong with that either. Then you have the people who just want to attack others to make themselves feel better and have nothing better to do. It's this last group that enables and fuels Neil and others like him.

If people don't like Neil, his work, don't reply. It's pretty simple. No one forces you to read or reply to it.

None of my 2 questions have been answered ...

Maybe he can/will teach me something.

-- hide signature --

Yves P. Photographe Share the Knowledge NPS Member PBASE Supporter Some pictures I like: http://www.pbase.com/yp8/

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow