Sony changes Full Frame roadmap...

Started Dec 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Smartypants
Forum MemberPosts: 60Gear list
Like?
Re: Innovative cameras aren't the solution
In reply to J Birn, Dec 9, 2012

Agreed, Sony is leading with exciting technology’s that will eventually change photography for the better, but what is not clear is if Sony will be the beneficiary in the longer-run or will Canon and Nikon as Nikon currently is using Sony’s own 36MP sensor. It is not always true that the first to use new technology’s wins out in the marketplace. In my opinion,  few experienced photographers believe that the current SLT design to be more than a stepping stone to fully mirror-less professional camera using sensors that do it all in one clean design.

Not every photographer is looking for a camera that shoots faster than any other, and not every photographer see’s video as the primary requirement for selection but is looking for as I do for the best image possible. I believe we have seen the both the  first last of the SLT full-frames with the a99 and maybe the end of the line for the SLT completely with the rumor of big changes in Sony’s internal roadmap. 2013 will be a year of changes in camera/sensor technology and I'm hopefull that Sony will offer a more compelling reason to move from the big two and or to stay with the old A-Mount and not jump off the Sony ship.

Smartypants's gear list:Smartypants's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D4s Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow