Suggestions - 25mm problem

Started Dec 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
mrmut
Contributing MemberPosts: 557Gear list
Like?
Re: Suggestions - 25mm problem
In reply to rb dwn, Dec 9, 2012

rb dwn wrote:

My 25 mm f2.8 had been working perfectly until a few days ago. It refuses to focus beyond a metre, instead making a slow clicking noise. The same happens if I switch to manual focus. The lens barrel does not seem to fully retract when I switch the camera off.

Before I make a warranty claim, I thought I would check here for suggestions as to possible cures. I have tried re- seating the lens and cleaning the contacts.

Hello, I had this problem with ZD50. The repair to replace focusing mechanism cost me some 250 USD. I suppose it will be cheaper on ZD 25.

If you are adventuresome, you can take the lens mount ring out, and see if any of the cogs teeth are broken, or positioned out of their place. - I've fixed one lens like this, but the downside is that you will probably loose focus precision.

Good luck!

mrmut's gear list:mrmut's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-450 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital 25mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 8mm 1:3.5 Fisheye +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow