Why the need for the bulky alpha adapter?

Started Dec 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
José B
Forum ProPosts: 17,616Gear list
Like?
might as well shoot w/ DSLR that's why I was so bullish on ZA 24/1.8
In reply to Hans von der Crone, Dec 9, 2012

Hans von der Crone wrote:

Is there a reason the alpha adaptor is so bulky? Any chance that new NEX models will allow alpha lenses to be connected directly (or maybe using a small step-up ring)? I really wonder why the adaptor is so bulky, because I wouldn't mind buying a couple alpha lenses for my NEX6 if I can at least keep the portability somehow in check.

it is just the beginning to phase out my Canon DSLR system with L lenses into the NEX. To me it was a no-brainer: the Zeiss 24/1.8 is like an L lens in comes to clarity, bokeh, flare control, color and sharpness. I really don't like the handling of an adapter + Alpha or adapter + my Canon L lenses----the balance is awful. I might as well shoot with my 5DMKII or 1DMKIII with my Ls.

Once Zeiss comes out with an 85/1.8 or 85/2.0 for NEX, I will go for it and maybe at that time I will trade all of my Canon DSLR equipment. But right now my NEX 6 is nicely anchored with the ZA 24/1.8.

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow