Setup suggestions for slide and film 'scanning' using a Lumix G2?

Started Dec 9, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
userwithname
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Setup suggestions for slide and film 'scanning' using a Lumix G2?
Dec 9, 2012

Hello all,

I want to digitise a significant part of the 7500 images my dad left me. The collection consists mainly of B&W negative filmstrips and framed colour dia's.

Initially I thought of going down the film scanner route, but investing in a scanner that's slow and will never be used again seemed silly so I thought maybe I could use my G2. A bit of googleing, amazonning and ebaying turned up a whole lot of information about bellows and old manual lenses and lightboxes and such like, but I'm still not sure how to proceed.

Currently I have the panasonic 14-42mm f3.5-5.6, 25mm f1.4 'leica' prime, 7-14mm f4.0 wide-angle and 45-200mm f4-5.6 lenses at my disposal. I'm not averse to buying yet another lens, but I'd prefer to somehow 'make do'.

If anybody would care to share their experiences of and/or recommendations for digitising slides and negatives with a Lumix G-series camera, I'd be very grateful.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow