Is it worth buying a used 70-200 f4 L (NON IS Edition)

Started Dec 3, 2012 | Questions thread
med007
Senior MemberPosts: 1,608
Like?
Re: Is it worth buying a used 70-200 f4 L (NON IS Edition)
In reply to TrevorNews, Dec 9, 2012

TrevorNews wrote:

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EF-70-200mm-f-4.0-L-USM-Lens-Review.aspx

Low Light shooting is not of concern to me. I don't use IS either. What are your thoughts about the optical quality of this lens. Share your thoughts and any photos if you like. Thanks.

I have a few photos in my gallery. I use a Flash and will most probably use this lens with a Extn Tube for close-up photography and/or for the standard range the lens offers on a 7D or 5D MK II.

Would you suggest the collar for this lens?

Trevor,

i have the 70-200 4.0L and the 2.8L IS big brother. The f4 lens is every bit as professional a lens as the big brother. The images are sharp,, color is brilliant and contrast wonderful. wide open the bokeh is soft and delightful.

There's really no need to use the IS version I'm many circumstances outside of sports in low light. I find that having a light lens that I can actually carry with me to be a bonus rather than a heavy lens that one want to leave at home!

Get the lens used and you will not regret the purchase. Simply buy from someone locally and test it in there street beforehand or ask for 4-5 days option to return for a refund. Even a 10 year old lens is going to be just fine! I'd look to pay about $400 in the USA.

Asher

-- hide signature --

Creative Intent - Ideas, Process and Journey to the Photographic Masterpiece and Beyond

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow