NOT OK: R3000 second print (ABW) - lot of regular linear scratches... :(

Started Dec 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
NeroMetalliko
Regular MemberPosts: 220
Like?
Rear tray tried - updated results
In reply to Petruska, Dec 9, 2012

Petruska wrote:

Just put a sheet of paper in the top feeder.......

I don't really understand why you won't perform this simple task.

If it prints fine then you can play with the front feeder which as you know I never use as it is really made for very thick media.

Ok, I have tried. Result is added to the last row in the sequence.

1 - HM Photo Rag Baryta (0.39mm) - first try COLOR @5760 0.3mm + std platen gap: GOOD (no strikes, no smear)

2 - HM Photo Rag Pearl (0.48mm) - first try ABW @5760 0.5mm + std platen gap: BAD (big strikes pattern, but no smear in the picture)

3 - ILF Gold Fibre Silk (0.315mm) - first try COLOR @1440 0.3mm + std platen gap: BAD (strike and ink stain, but no smear in the picture)

4 - ILF Gold Fibre Silk (0.315mm) - second try COLOR @5760 0.4mm + "wide" platen gap: GOOD (no strikes, no smear)

5 - HM Photo Rag Pearl (0.48mm) - second try ABW @5760 0.6mm + "wide" platen gap: BAD (no strikes pattern, but smear in the picture)

6 - HM Photo Rag Pearl (0.48mm) - third try COLOR @5760 0.6mm + "wide" platen gap: BAD (no strikes pattern, but big color smear in the picture)

7 - Harman Gloss Art Fibre Warmtone (0.44mm) - first try COLOR @1440 0.4mm + std platen gap: BAD (print aborted due to evident strikes noise)

8 - Harman Gloss Art Fibre Warmtone (0.44mm) - second try COLOR @1440 0.5mm + "wide" platen gap: MEDIUM/BAD (some strikes noise, but no evident strikes and no smear in the printed picture, one floating particle still caused a spot)

9 - HM Photo Rag Pearl (0.48mm) - fourth try (loaded from rear tray) COLOR @5760 0.5mm + "wide" platen gap: MEDIUM/BAD (some strikes noise occurred in the latest part of the print, no strikes pattern in the image and no color smear in the picture, but the printhead probably hit the last part of the paper leaving ink stains on the white border)

So far, this is the best print I have got with this kind of paper, as you can see I have avoided to set 0.6mm thickness because both the times I have tried it gave big smear on the image. Unlucky, instead to hear the strikes noise at the begin of the print this time the noise was clearly audible at the end and the result was a tipical one for heads strikes, so currently, with this paper, I'm still not able to get a perfect picture (without head strikes) after 4 attempts. Probably if the paper sheet were absolutely 100% perfectly planar this kind of strikes could not occurr, don't know...

So, yes, you are right, the different load tray made a difference, and thanks to you to point me on this, but still it seems that I have not resolved my problems. Statistics are: 2 good prints over 9 attempts now...

I wonder how critical is supposed to be the common usage of a, yes advanced, but still consumer printer... Frankly, I start to think that there could really be something wrong in my device.

Let me know your opinion, many thanks again.

Ciao.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow