Topaz Detail ...

Started Dec 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
mhwarner
Senior MemberPosts: 1,121
Like?
Re: Topaz Detail 3 & photoFXlab both updated...
In reply to GMack, Dec 8, 2012

GMack wrote:

Interesting as it would not update from its internal Updater within CS6 here, nor did it want to connect with the server via their Topaz Software Download Manager v1.2.4 either.

Mack,

They have pretty much discontinued their Software Download Manager (apparently many people complained about it).  You do need to do direct downloads of the new Detail 3 and the updated version of photoFXLab 1.2.3.  You have to install photoFXLab 1.2.3 in order for it to recognize the new version of Detail.

Not sure what Topaz' official word is, but my personal advice is to get rid of (uninstall) the Topaz Software Manager completely and if you have to, reinstall any other plugins you have that it installed (like Simplify 4 or Star Effects).  I had lots of problems when I recently purchased and installed photoFXLab and finally discovered that the Software Manager was causing those problems.  Once installed, my problems were resolved.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow