amtberg
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,450
Like?
Re: GH3 EVF smearing?
In reply to taius, Dec 8, 2012

taius wrote:

ralphthomas wrote:

I agree with ianbrown.

The EVF of the GH3 is fuzzy towards the edges. Never had that problem with the GH2 (or a Sony a55 and a35, which I owned for a short time). It is like looking through a cheap magnifying glass, sharp in the center, but somewhat off at the sides. Especially if you haven't got it perfectly centered in front of your eye.

I wear strong glasses all the time, but never had a problem like this before. Basically with the GH3 I cannot say for sure, if the focus is where I want it. I have to trust the camera, which I know I can (pictures are absolutely fine so far). The rest of the camera is great, but the EVF givs a bit of an indirect feeling while shooting. For me, anyway.

Ralph

after all the comments, it's gotta be that you are wearing glasses. anyone without glasses having problems? As I said, I do not wear glasses when I shoot with the camera and the EVF is far superior to the GH2

No, I wear strong glasses and have no problem with the EVF -- or at least no problem that I didn't also have with the GH2.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow