Epson Stylus Pro 4000

Started Dec 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
sjstremb
Regular MemberPosts: 428Gear list
Like?
Re: Epson Stylus Pro 4000
In reply to BPB, Dec 8, 2012

I had one and worked in a lab with three of them, so I have a lot of experience with them. Re; other posts, I can not agree more with using only Epson ink. This printer does clog a lot, especially if not used on a weekly basis. Something to think about is that compared to other Epson printers, it uses more ink, one study I read said the 4000 used 20% more ink than the 4800 or 4880. I guess if its cheap enough, go for it, but do have them fire it up first and do a test pattern, if it hasn't been used in a while it might need a lot of cleaning cycles and a lot of ink pushed thru it to clean it up. If it was me, and all things being equal, I'd look for a 4800. I upgraded from a 4000 to a 4800 to my current printer a 4900. The 4000 is very robust and you can do a lot of printing with it, but it likes to print and not sit idle.

sjstremb's gear list:sjstremb's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Nikon D7100 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow