Mac, D800 users only - please advise / correct me. Am I way off base?

Started Dec 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
The Photo Ninja
Senior MemberPosts: 1,512
Like?
Mac, D800 users only - please advise / correct me. Am I way off base?
Dec 8, 2012

Regarding the d800 LCD. Im rethinking my previous posts about color accuracy the d800.

Since lots of people are saying its accurate. I'm going to assume that my monitor calibration is off.

I think I might have fixed it, but would like some expert advice and opinions on my solution.

My setup is an lg30" LCD 2560x1600 resolution wide gamut monitor with no color controls on it. A quadro 4000 card with mountain lion. If I go into the ColorSync Mac utility and change the default profile to the built in sRGB profile the colors on my monitor match my D800 almost exactly!

Now, if I compare that to a profile generated with my old Spyder3 Pro the profile doesn't match at all. The profile is definitely pinker (thus my nikon LCD is more green).

My thought is now to trust the D800 color and trust that my hardware set to sRGB is accurate. Thus, I will disregard the profile created with my spyder as being wrong and too pink.

Opinions? Advice?

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow