Leica Look? Is it camera-lens specific or is there any other reason?

Started Dec 8, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
iamDinesh
Regular MemberPosts: 135Gear list
Like?
Leica Look? Is it camera-lens specific or is there any other reason?
Dec 8, 2012

Hi,

I was reading an article about the amazing Konica Hexanon 60mm f1.2. I was amazed by the image quality of this lens and how sharp it is even wide open. More than that I was mesmerized by the look of the pictures in the article which were taken with Leica M9.

All these pictures are from an another article about Hexanon 60mm and M9. The sort-of greenish-bluish and bit of de-saturated look in the picture is so lovely that I couldn't take it out of my mind. After seeing those pictures I was left wondering that if I can ever achieve the same colors/look with my NEX-5N. I know its a bit off-topic but is that look is just Leica/M-lenses specific or is there any other reasons. I read some articles about this debatable 'Leica-look' and found many LR profiles and Photoshop presets to give you that Leica-look (I tried a few but couldn't achieve it). Any comments or suggestions?

iamDinesh's gear list:iamDinesh's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow