Started Dec 8, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lord Mox
Regular MemberPosts: 184Gear list
Like?
Tripod.....under $300?
Dec 8, 2012

Hi everyone, I am on the look out for a good tripod with ball-head.

My heaviest expected settings as follow: Nikon d600 + 70-200mm f2.8. And may be a flash on top of that...although unlikely with the telephoto lens at the same time...but just in case

Need it to be sturdy for windy weather...as its common here. Will use it most often for long exposures of night skies. I can't go over $300, but dont mind waiting to find a used one for that price if I know what I am looking for.

Would prefer a light weight (can fit a normal suitcase without making it unbearable to carry around!), as I can't afford to buy another tripod just for my travels unless its less than $100 which I doubt that it will carry that load safely!

Cheers guys, I hope that someday I will be on the giving end in this forum...not just asking all the time lol

Thank you all,

-Chris

P.S. The legs and head doesn't have to be the same brand I guess...so don't limit your recommendation to one brand if desired. I will try to manage...even if buying one used, and the other new.

Lord Mox's gear list:Lord Mox's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
ANSWER:
Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow