amtberg
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,440
Like?
Re: Perfect EVF
In reply to taius, Dec 8, 2012

taius wrote:

ianbrown wrote:

Anyone else have an issue with this?

When I hold the viewfinder to my eye and hold it perfectly steady, no problem.

But if my eye moves ever so slightly the image smears badly.

Any feedback appreciated.

By the way other than this its an excellent camera.

Ian

Got my gh3 on Wednesday. The EVF is fantastic and better than my gh2 . After all the bad press it was getting on the forum, when I got the camera, I tried to hold it in lots of positions to see if I could see any smearing or fuzzy edges, but at any angle the image is sharp and clear and bright from one edge to the other. Sorry to hear your problem. If you are unhappy with it, I would definitely send it back, why settle for a problem right off the bat with such an expensive camera. Or, if it is an issue which crops up based on the persons eyesight or if they wear glasses, if you get a new one, you will find out. Just a suggestion.

Curious if you wear glasses? I do and I also have no problem with the GH3 EVF. As compared to the GH2's EVF I would say there are pluses and minuses. On the plus side, the new EVF has much better contrast and much less motion smearing in low light. On the minus side you can see the pixel grid which was not visible with the GH2's EVF.

On the whole I prefer the GH3's EVF for it's better low light performance. Annoyingly, there are some very small dust particles in my new camera's EVF. :-<

The Rear OLED is leagues better than the GH2's LCD both in terms of IQ and touch performance. I always found the GH2's touch screen clumsy to use, but the GH3's is great -- just like an iPhone screen.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow