Started Dec 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
willym
Regular MemberPosts: 117Gear list
Like?
Nex 5N + Sigma 30/SEL16 Around Cambridge
Dec 8, 2012

Hi All. Been a long time since I posted any images. Had a friend come visit who had just bought a new Nikon, so took him outside of Cambridge to try it out.

I took the trusty 5N. Went to the American war cemetery in the NW of the city at sunset. Unfortunately got stuck in traffic, so missed sunset by about 20 minutes, but I'm happy that I managed to get a bit of colour in the sky. No striking shadows, which would have given these shots more impact. Will have to make a return visit someday - hopefully in changeably stormy weather for moody clouds + sunshine.

First 2 shots with the Sigma 30, the next 2 with the SEL16.

Then went to the wind farm about 5 miles east of Cambridge the following morning. Think there's about 13 turbines on an exposed plain. I've been a couple of times now, and it's a lovely walk near a chalk pit, grain silo and small wood. They make such a lovely & relaxing hummmm.

Managed to get there just at sunrise, and the light was great for around 20 minutes. This was my first time shooting at sunrise, and was definitely a great learning experience. Makes me want to get the Cokin P series for ND grads to help make life easier in camera, rather than rely on LR4. These were all shot with the Sigma 30.

As always, constructive criticism, especially tips on how to improve these technically / compositionally / PP are really welcome and appreciated.

Also, the wind farm is hard to find - if anyone wants to know where it is/where to park just ask

Thanks all, hope you all enjoy the weekend!

William

willym's gear list:willym's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow