Started Dec 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Brian
Regular MemberPosts: 260Gear list
Like?
Re: Converting RAW to JPG
In reply to Rick8800, Dec 8, 2012

Rick8800 wrote:

Brian,

You may want to watch the series of 16 video created by Adobe to get you started with LR4:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCC79B702A2E332C2

I started using LR4 about 1 month ago and find the features to be expansive and easy to use, once you use it a little. These video walk you thru each of the significant features and show you how to use them in an easy to understand manner. Well worth the time to watch.

As someone else mentioned "tagging" (adding keywords), while a bit tedious at first, give you a massive payback. I have over 35,000 images in my LR4 catalog (I had previously used PS Elements) and the vast majority of my photos are of people. By adding keyword identifying people in the pictures I can easily select just the photos I want at a later date.

Good luck with LightRoom 4...

Rick

-- hide signature --

Nikon Dee 300, Dee-Seventy 's' ,Nikon SB-Eight Hundred Flash

Thank you Rick!  I will check this out, I will learn much better from videos than from a book.

-- hide signature --

Brian Miller
Nikon D5100 w/18-105 lens and Canon S100
(Previous cameras: Nikon D3100 w/kit lens and 55-200), Nikon D40 w/kit lens and Canon S30)

Brian's gear list:Brian's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow