Silky Pix tiff conversion from RAW

Started Dec 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Vic Chapman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,237Gear list
Like?
Re: dfstarman
In reply to dfstarman, Dec 8, 2012

dfstarman wrote:

My version of Silkypix only has conversion to Tiff or jpeg. How do you convert to DNG?

You can download the DNG converter from Adobe's site - make sure you get the right version. I have PS CS5 which does not support Raf files and this is my reason for going DNG. I use the DNG converter as a standalone ap and do a batch conversion into the same file I then open (from Adobe bridge) in ACR to process in the same way as a raw file but note - this is my workaround for not having the RAF support of CS6 - it has no advantage over standard raw processing.

One more thing to mention - in the DNG dialogue box there is a drop down where you choose the DNG version to suit your version of PS or LR so a bit of guesswork and going back one update at a time until it works -  but once set you don't need to worry again.

Vic

-- hide signature --

The sky is full of holes that let the rain get in, the holes are very small - that's why the rain is thin.
Spike Milligan

Vic Chapman's gear list:Vic Chapman's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow