600d vs 650d video.

Started Dec 8, 2012 | Questions thread
Bjorn_L
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,877Gear list
Like?
Re: 600d vs 650d video.
In reply to alexkruse, Dec 8, 2012

alexkruse wrote:

i was wondering which one of these two camera's i should get for video??

the 650d or the 600d.

i have seen a lot of reviews and was wondering which of these two had better video.the 650d has got auto focus in video mode but many review's say this spoils the video unless you buy the stm lens.

if this is true i don't really want spend the extra money buying stm lens.so should i just buy the 600d??

i would also like to know if you can turn off auto focus in video.:-)

thanks please reply.

The video will be identical except for the phase detection AF possible with the 650d.  Turning off AF in video is very easy.  However manual focus in video is very challenging.  I strongly suggest you rent a camera before you go down the road.

Consider instead the slightly older Panasonic GH2, or the newer GH3 if video is your thing.  Optionally the Sony a57 also has good video AF (but must have an external microphone for useable sound)

-- hide signature --

See my plan (in my profile) for what I shoot with. See my gallery for images I find amusing.

Bjorn_L's gear list:Bjorn_L's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX30 IS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow