You know its coming....Canon's copycat RX100

Started Dec 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dimitri Khoz
Contributing MemberPosts: 943
Like?
Re: Canon
In reply to Grobb, Dec 8, 2012

tron555 wrote:

Ok, I see where you are coming from now, as long as you do things like major post processing with custom software like, as you say: “After manual NR using $50 software and resize to 1600x1200”. ...

IMO, only 2-3% of people using these types of cameras will purchase additional customized software to make images taken from cheap cameras to make images look better than they do SOOC. That seems like a waste of money, time and effort to me.

I mentioned $50 software just because I use one. There are plenty of free alternatives on the market.

Even the program I use has a free version (not trial, free forever),

however that one has only 8 bits/channel (24 bit RGB) processing which is fine with SX230 users, cause they will shoot JPEG-only anyway.

So your argument about "purchase of additional customized software" is not worth a peanut.

Now you said something about insufficient IQ at high ISO and excessive details smearing.

1/2.3' BSI CMOS at ISO1600 (by Canon SX230)

Does your 1/1.7' sensored camera produces better results for low light city shots when used at ISO1600? Just show me one in 1600x1200 resolution. Seeing is believing.

New cameras coming in middle/end 2013 will be equipped with the latest 12.4Mp 1/2.3' BSI sensor which will deliver even better IQ than in the shot I posted.

And do not forget that they may also offer 35fps full res shooting/video experience.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
G2X?New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
okNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow