ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ziad joseph
Regular MemberPosts: 229Gear list
Like?
Birds and IDs: captured with T2i & 55-250
Dec 8, 2012

Hello,

I was on a work project in our sister island of Tobago and I had the opportunity of staying at a house that had alot of bird feeders and lovely trees. The backdrop of the house's location, being vegetated and partially forested in the tucked away residential area provided for alot of visits from many lovely birds and enjoyment for me with my t2i and my humble 55-250 IS. I really really wish I had 400mm at times and just better glass but I think my kit and I did good enough.

To top it off the owner had a copy of the "Guide to the Birds of Trinidad and Tobago" French, 1991 on the patio so I could ID and enjoy, here are some of my favorites;

1. Barred Antshrike female (Thamnophilus doliatus)

4. Blue-grey Tanager (Thraupis episcopus)

5. Bare-eyed Thrush (Turdus nudigenis)

6. White lined tanager (tachyphonus rufus)

7. Smooth-billed Ani (Crotophaga ani)

8. Shiny Cowbird female (Molothrus bonariensis)

9. Palm Tanager (Thraupis palmarum) and Bare-eyed Thrush (Turdus nudigenis) eating

10. Copper rumped hummingbird 7 (Amazilia tobaci)

11.  Blue-crowned Motmot (Motmotus moniota)

12. Blue-crowned Motmot (Motmotus moniota)

13. Bananaquit (Coereba flaveola)

14. Copper rumped hummingbird (Amazilia tobaci): best I have ever managed to get of a hummer in flight.

Thanks for looking,

Ziad

Ziad joseph's gear list:Ziad joseph's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow