Started Dec 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Setter Dog
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,656
Like?
A77, Why do I want this camera?
Dec 8, 2012

This is not one of those earthshaking serious posts that will generate very wise and complicated answers, but I'm betting I'll get some opinions.

I own the a57 and a65. Frankly, I have no preference for one camera or the other. I do like the fact that the a57 steps to ISO3200 in auto while the a65 stops at ISO1600. Not a big deal. I keep a Sigma 70-300mm on the a57 and a Sony 18-135mm on the a65. I occasionally change the a57 to a Sigma 18-250mm but that's about the only lens changes I make. I have other cameras for in house photos etc.

Why do I find myself wanting the a77? Knowing me, it may be the "bargain" price of $1099 for the body. If I bought this camera, I'd sell either my a57 or a65 since I only want two IL cameras. I'm telling myself it's crazy to want the a77, but I still do. I have seen no negative remarks about this camera.

Have any of you moved from the a65/a57 to the a77? What do you think now that you've made the move? If you see any advantage to the a77, please share your opinions with me. I know that it's my call, but I always appreciate input.

Thanks for humoring me.

Jack

Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A65 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow